What is detailing?
- Detailing involves paint rectification / correction process in order to get the paint looking its best i.e. free from swirl marks, scratches and other blemishes ruining the appearance.
- These are removed through the use of a machine polisher, usually a fixed rotary polisher but sometimes a Dual Action polisher is used on delicate paint or for the refining stage.
- This is combined with a selection of abrasive polishes and pads designed to remove defects, polish the surface and leave a flawless hologram and swirl-free finish.
- Car detailing is about cleaning every surface possible on the car, including the removal of certain parts such as wheels, in order to get access to otherwise unreachable areas such as suspension, arch liners and brake components, certain metalwork and access to cleaning the wheels inner rim if required.
- Car detailing goes beyond a set routine such as: snowfoaming, washing, clay bar, polishing and waxing.